2016年5月13日金曜日

Pizza


Sarah’s Blog Post 27: May 13, 2016

 

Sometimes I wonder if Japanese people would like different types of food from America. There are some distinctly American foods like hamburgers and American barbecue, but the United States is also home to many other cultures. I like Mexican food and Italian food in the United States, but I’m not sure if you can call it real Mexican food or real Italian food. Even if the restaurants are owned by people who are really from Mexico or Italy, they often make food to match the tastes of their customers. This is how many kinds of fusion foods are born. For instance, “tarako pasta” is a Japanese-Italian fusion food.

 

Today, we went to get a food called “trapizzino” for lunch. Trapizzino is a new restaurant that Jared-sensei recommended. I researched online and found out that it is actually a street-food trend from Rome. It is basically toasted ciabatta bread filled with Italian-style toppings. I think it is like a pizza cone. I tried the meatball flavored trapizzino. It was delicious and reminded me of Italian food in the United States. I wonder if Japanese people will like it because many times Japanese Italian food is very different from American Italian food.