2016年5月30日月曜日

野球


Sarah’s Blog Post 29: May 30, 2016

 

Yesterday I went to a baseball game at the Tokyo Dome. I saw the Yomiuri Giants play the Hanshin Tigers. I don’t watch Japanese baseball very often because I don’t have a TV, so I can’t say who my favorite team is. However, the Yomiuri Giants and the San Francisco Giants, from the United States, have the same colors and very similar logos, so I cheered for the Yomiuri Giants at the game.

 
I really enjoy going to live sports games in the United States and have gone to many baseball games. I was very excited to compare baseball in Japan to baseball in the United States. Of course, food is very different. Japanese baseball stadiums serve snacks, but they also serve rice bowls and bento boxes. In the United States, we serve fast food. Popular foods are hot dogs, chicken nuggets, French fries, nachos, and peanuts. Different baseball stadiums serve special foods too. In San Francisco, we serve local specialties like soup in bread-bowls and Godiva chocolate ice cream sundaes. The cheering sections in Japan are amazing too! Each baseball player has a special cheer. We don’t have that in the United States. Instead, people make posters for their favorite players and bring them to the game to show to the TV cameras. Overall, the game is still the same, and I am happy to see that Americans and Japanese people can share this sport.