2016年5月20日金曜日

アレルギー


Sarah’s Blog Post 28: May 20, 2016

 
When I was younger, I didn’t know what allergies were. I just thought they were something older people got because my parents were always complaining about them. I didn’t realize that there were different kinds of allergies. The first allergy I was aware of was a skin allergy to metal. My parents told me that when I was a baby, I would get rashes from metal snaps on baby clothes. So I wasn’t allowed to wear any metal jewelry when I was a kid. In elementary school, I found out I was allergic to grass because we used to sit outside on the fresh cut lawn for our PE classes. My legs became very itchy.

 
When I was in high school, I developed pollen allergies. We call pollen allergies “hay fever”. The first year that I experienced hay fever, I was miserable. I didn’t know what to expect or what medicine worked best for me. Now I have gotten used to hay fever, but I started developing food allergies. I am allergic to some peppers and some berries. Allergies are very strange because you can inherit them from your family. Some allergies even begin later on in your life. I didn’t know I was allergic to berries until the end of high school. Before that, I was able to eat them without any problem. Spring is a time for many allergies and since I am not used to Japanese plants, my allergies are very strong this year.