2017年1月27日金曜日

日本でのスキー ---エマ先生


I heard that some of the high schoolers are on a ski trip in Kamui, Asahikawa right now. I went on a ski trip myself last weekend, to Hakuba Goryu in Nagano Prefecture. It was a group of one hundred and fifty people, most of them foreigners, from all over Japan. My friends and I rented a car and drove from Tokyo, which took about four hours. It was an interesting experience to see Japan from a car, as I’ve only ever travelled by train so far. On Saturday morning, we woke up to a ton of fresh snow on the ground, and it was still snowing! I rode for the full day, and it was one of the best days snowboarding of my life. I grew up skiing and snowboarding, so I was very happy to go for my first time this season, and for my first time in Japan. The resort was a little smaller than what I am used to in Colorado, but I still had a great time, and all the fresh snow made up for it. I also saw many foreigners working at the resort. I hope the high schoolers had as a great a time in Kamui as I did in Hakuba. Hopefully one day I can go to Kamui too!