2017年1月20日金曜日

『オズの魔法使い』 高校3年選択授業  ーーーマーレン先生


It is a new trimester at Fujimura, which means the third-year high school students get to take elective courses. This surprised me because in America elective courses are open to all high school students, not just seniors. One of the Japanese teachers of English I work with asked me if I would like to help teach the theater class and I was very excited! In the United States I taught a theater for ESL course, so it was something I am very familiar with. We planned a lesson where our two students would memorize and perform a scene from The Wizard of Oz.

 

We met for four hour long classes and worked on emotions, movement, memorization, and performing. The students were amazing! I have taught many different students theater, but the Fujimura girls really are talented. The scarecrow was full of emotion and Dorothy full of confidence. We performed the scene for some junior high students as well as sang a song for them. I loved teaching theater again and it was so nice. I hope I can teach more theater classes in the future!