2015年12月17日木曜日

クリスマスパーティ


Sarah’s Blog Post 15: December 17, 2015

 

I really enjoy being part of the International Club because we get to do a lot of different activities. Sometimes we make food or play games or watch movies. This week, we had a Christmas party where we made decorations and ate cake. Last week I said that we don’t have the KFC Christmas meal in the United States. Another tradition that is popular in Japan, but not in the United States, is eating Christmas cake. Sometimes we will have Buche de Noel, which is a French roll cake decorated to look like a tree log. I tried making Buche de Noel once, but I failed and the cake wasn’t soft enough to roll. It crumbled apart and was really messy. I would like to try to make Buche de Noel again, but I am always so busy around the holidays. The holiday season is fun, but I think it is always a very busy time as well. I hope everyone has a great time over the holidays and I am looking forward to third term!