2015年12月3日木曜日

カラオケ


Sarah’s Blog Post 13: December 3, 2015

 

I love to go to karaoke in Japan. It is especially fun because it is more popular in Japan than it is in the United States. You can go with many friends and have your own party in the karaoke room. In the United States, none of the places for karaoke have private rooms. There is one stage at the front of the room and only a few people can go up to the stage at a time. In the United States, everyone hears you sing. Shy people would not enjoy going to karaoke places in the United States.

 
Yaya-sensei and I went to sing karaoke last night. It was so much fun! We are not very good at singing Japanese songs because the words on the screen appear too fast for us. Luckily, most karaoke places in Japan have long lists of English songs. Since American musicians like Maroon 5 and Taylor Swift are popular in Japan, I was not surprised to find their songs. However, I was surprised to find so many other artists that I like. Some of the music I like is old and from the 1990s, but I still found many of those songs. I wish the United States had more karaoke places like Japan does!