2020年11月10日火曜日

日本の紅葉(キャロル先生)

The Changing of the Leaves in Japan This year it will be my third year to witness the changing colors of the leaves in Japan. Each year they have been wonderful to see. I’ve made sure to make the most of my time here in Japan. This year, I won’t be able to travel too far to see the changing leaves but I’m lucky to live and work in such a beautiful part of Tokyo where there are many parks I can walk and jog in. This is my favorite time of year. The weather is perfect; it’s not too cold or too hot. Back in Ireland, this time of year is very difficult for many people. The weather is windy and cold and it rains a lot. The days are long and dark and people tend to stay inside a lot. It is dark when you wake up and dark when you leave work. People need to stay optimistic during the winter months. In Tokyo, I love strolling through the parks with a nice hot coffee, taking in the pretty scenery. Sometimes I have to pinch myself and remember where exactly I am. I’m very lucky to be where I am and I try to not take this for granted. Life is always changing and you just have to move along with it.