2020年7月17日金曜日

長い梅雨 (キャロル先生)


The Long Rainy Season

It seems as though the rainy season in Tokyo is particularly long this year. When I think back to this time last year, I was preparing to travel home to Ireland for a summer holiday and I remember the weather in Tokyo being hot and humid. This year, it’s cooler and everyday seems to bring the chance of rain with it. Luckily, I’m used to the rain, as it is such a common occurrence in Ireland. During these wet days, time can be spent watching movies, series on Netflix or reading a good book. It’s also a good time to be creative and nothing makes me happier than sketching or painting. I usually sketch famous people and try to capture their personalities and characteristics as best I can. It’s good to have hobbies, as these are the things that keep us happy in life. It’s important to pass the time doing things we enjoy, which in turn, will help the rainy season pass by faster.