2019年4月15日月曜日

花見の季節 (キャロル先生)


This was my first time to see the sakura trees blooming in Japan. I managed to find time to visit four different areas in Tokyo that are famous for their great selection of sakura trees. The first park I visited was Inokashira Park. I had a picnic here with my friend and watched everyone enjoying themselves while eating and drinking. The cherry blossoms looked so pretty and I ended up taking so many photos of them. The second park I visited was Koganei Park, which is only a thirty minute walk from my house. I met some friends here during the spring break and we walked all around the park with our cherry flavored ice creams. We spent hours there chatting and people watching. Another park I visited was Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. I brought my SLR camera with me to take close up photos of the flowers, as there were many different colored ones. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and I ate sushi and drank juice with my friend. The last area I visited was the beautiful Meguro River where sakura trees line either side of the river and it is lit up with lanterns at nighttime. I walked around here for an afternoon and night, eating the street food and taking photos. I have so many photos of the different types of cherry blossoms and am delighted I managed to visit so many different places. They turned Tokyo into a pretty wonderland colored in pink and white. Next year I hope to visit the areas I didn’t manage to see this year. It will be a shame when they are all