2018年12月6日木曜日

上野公園とムンク展 (キャロル先生)


                        Ueno Park and Munch Exhibition

Last Sunday I visited Ueno Park so I could see the last of the autumn leaves. The park was so colorful and full of people eating dango and yakitori. I had a nice stroll around it and watched the couples paddling in the swan boats across the lake with the tall buildings framing them. It was a chilly, cloudy afternoon and I had my big, wooly scarf on to keep me warm. I was so busy taking pictures that I was late meeting up with my friends at Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum. We were viewing the Munch exhibition, which runs in the museum until January 2019. It’s a very large exhibition and displays his major works such as The Scream and Between the Clock and the Bed. We spent over an hour walking around viewing his art and luckily, it wasn’t too busy so we weren’t queuing up to see The Scream for too long. Seeing it in person was amazing and I was surprised at how well it looked considering it’s so old, it was created around 1910. It was inspiring to see his artwork and a lovely way to spend a Sunday evening. I have my own exhibition coming up with some other teachers based in Tokyo but I will tell you more about that next time.