2017年9月15日金曜日

NZでは経験できないこと


I still haven’t been here for that long yet and life in Japan is already quite an experience! Of course, moving and setting up your life alone in a completely new place comes with challenges, the biggest one being how much I miss my family, but there is a lot to be grateful for. I’ve been having amazing encounters with both Japanese people and other foreigners and have made some really great friends. There are also so many more events and festivals here than there are in New Zealand which is really exciting, especially because there’s a lot more people to celebrate them too!

Fujimura’s own Mass Games was a great experience; I took so many photos and videos that my phone ran out of storage space! Back at my school in New Zealand, we didn’t really have anything like this, and I’ve been told that it’s a pretty special thing even amongst Japanese schools, so I feel very lucky I got to experience that. The students had said they had been practicing since April which is amazing and I was really happy and proud to see the beautiful outcome of all the hard work they put in. I can see people rushing around even now, getting ready for the school’s culture festival, so I’m very excited!