2016年2月6日土曜日

Seeing Mount Fuji


A couple of weeks ago, I went to see Mount Fuji! I just felt like taking a day to see something cool in Japan, so I hopped on a train and went to Kawaguchiko. The train ride took about two hours and it was really nice. The view outside was pretty, filled with nature and lingering patches of snow. When I got to the train station, I didn’t have much of a plan, so I browsed the brochures and pamphlets of what to do near the lake and decided to walk to the ropeway to go to the viewing point to see the mountain.

When I finally got to the top, it was an amazing sight! I was a little worried because earlier that morning it seemed a bit cloudy, but by the time I got to the viewing point the weather had cleared and only a few small clouds remained. I took lots of pictures and videos of Mount Fuji and the nearby area. I really like photography and took my time exploring the sights and trying to take good shots. I’m still editing my photos and I hope they turn out okay. I’d like to go back again in the spring and summer to see how Mount Fuji changes with the seasons. This simple day trip has showed me that if I want to see more of Japan, I just have to go for it!

 
- Yaya Campbell