2021年1月14日木曜日

冬休み (キャロル先生)

During winter vacation, I stayed in and made sure to speak with friends and family back home. The time difference makes it difficult sometimes, as there is a nine-hour time difference between Japan and Ireland. This can be tricky and usually means I can only speak with them during the night-time. My family sent me a box called the ‘Paddy Box’ full of Irish snacks and goodies for Christmas, which I have been nibbling on throughout the winter break. It’s full of all types of chocolates and crisps I have been missing and helped me to feel a little bit Christmassy this year. Winter break was also a good time for me to catch up on sleep and get cozy with an interesting book. I usually read thrillers or true crime books but I’m a pretty slow reader. This means I have a stack of books sitting in the corner of my room, waiting for me to read them. As long as the weather stays cold, I know I’ll slowly get through them. They’ll keep me company during the long winter days. What book are you reading to get you through the winter?