2020年3月17日火曜日

Trip to Nara (キャロル先生)


During the month of February, I was lucky enough to visit Nara and the friendly deer that live there. My friend and I bought some crackers at a small stall to feed them. I held my hand up and bowed to them and was delighted when some deer returned my bow, I then fed them the crackers. One deer was so hungry he tried to eat my trousers and a large group of deer became very hungry as soon as they saw I was holding the crackers. I was too afraid to feed them and ended up screaming and running away, it was all very funny! My friend thought this was hilarious and couldn’t stop laughing at me! The deer in Nara are definitely not shy compared to the deer in Ireland. Nara reminded me of a large, city park called Phoenix Park in County Dublin, Ireland. You can see wild deer roaming and eating grass. If you are lucky enough you can even feed them. I lived very close to this park a few years ago and would spend my mornings jogging while catching glimpses of the deer. It was especially beautiful on cold, winter days when you could see the mist over the green grass.

Hopefully I’ll get to go back to Nara again someday to say hello to the cheeky deer.