2018年6月8日金曜日

お別れ会と初めての映画館


This week is Camille’s last full week. It’s very sad because I, like the other students and teachers at Fujimura, have gotten pretty close to her and I think we’ll miss her a lot! Last Friday, the chorus club and some teachers had a joint farewell party for me and Camille (but I think mostly for Camille because she’s leaving very soon) and I had so much fun! It was really great to eat and play games with the students and teachers, and they also did really amazing performances so I was very impressed and touched. I always like speaking with the students so it was really nice to get the opportunity to talk with them there too. It made me think about how I will leave soon too but I will really miss the people at this school a lot so I don’t want to think about it! After that, a friend wanted to see a new marvel superhero movie so we went to Shibuya. It was the first movie I have seen in Japan because usually I don’t go to the cinema so it was pretty cool, especially to see both Japanese people and foreigners reacting to the same movie. I also noticed some of the translations with the Japanese subtitles were a bit different from the English dialogue so that was interesting to try and figure out. I want to try watch more things in Japanese so I can improve!