2017年6月5日月曜日

スポーツ大会 ーーーマーレン先生


Last week was the Fujimura Sports Festival and it was so fun and interesting! I loved seeing all my students competing together. I have never seen a lot of the events that were played there. In particular, I thought ‘Eye of the Typhoon” and the game where students had to find people with certain characteristics game show style were the most fun to watch. I was on the red team and cheered on my students from the stands. It was a fun day, even if we ended up taking last place.

  In America, we have Field Days that are a similar idea, but not nearly as well executed. Games typically played in the US are more everyday games like basketball, volleyball, and soccer mixed with a few special attractions. My favorite American field game is the capture the flag. We would get two scarves and go out to a huge field that usually had some trees and obstacles on it. Each team could hide their flag anywhere they wanted to on their side. Then, the goal was to find the other teams flag without getting tagged. It is always an action[f1] -packed event. I also love the dunk tank, where teachers and staff get dunked in water if students hit a target with a ball.