2016年9月29日木曜日

文化祭  ---マーレン先生


It has officially been one month of teaching here at Fujimura and I am learning just as much as I am teaching. Last week was the culture festival, bunkasai, and it was absolutely amazing. In the United States we do not have anything like it! I couldn’t believe that one class had built a rollercoaster inside the classroom. This past weekend was also the first time I attended a traditional Japanese tea ceremony and was very impressed! It was fun to see all the different food, games, and events that my students put on. I am very lucky to be teaching at a school with such talented girls!

 

Outside of school I am getting involved more in the local Japanese community. I have been acting with a local improv troupe as well as performing stand-up comedy with an all American group in Shibuya. I love performing so it is really cool to be involved in shows here in Tokyo. I get to meet local residents who attend the shows as well. I also have joined a Calvary Chapel church in Fuchu and love how welcoming the other people who go there are. I love that the service and worship is in both Japanese and English!

 

~Marlene