2016年1月15日金曜日

Winter Vacation


Over winter vacation, I was very lucky to have been able to go home to Hawaii. I spent a lot of time with my family, especially during Christmas and New Years. I ate a lot of local food such as spam and Portuguese sausage with rice. I also ate some Hawaiian food like laulau and kalua pig. For New Years, my family and I usually go camping at the beach where my grandparents used to live. Over the few days we were there, I played with fireworks with my little cousins, went swimming and hiking, and played card games until late at night. Winter vacation was a nice time for me to catch up with my family and I am happy I got to see them. Now that I am back in Japan, it feels like I never left. Despite the cold weather, I am happy to return to my life here and I am excited for 2016 in Japan.

 

- Yaya Campbell