2018年11月27日火曜日

鳩ノ巣渓谷 (キャロル先生)

 Hatonosu Valley

 

Last weekend I had no work on Friday, as it was a public holiday. I decided I needed to get out of the big city and head for the hills! I researched the best places to visit in West Tokyo to see the autumn leaves. Hatonosu Valley popped up on my phone as a very popular spot due to its colorful mountains. It took one hour and a half to get there from Musashi Sakai and I was so impressed when I got there. The Tama River flows through the valley and it is surrounded by high mountains lacing the sky. It really was a sight to see and I took so many photos to send to my friends and family. The colors of the leaves were so pretty and they were the brightest I have seen so far in Tokyo. I sat on the large rocks beside the river and relaxed for a while, watching couples and friends eat their lunch and crossing the large bridge that drapes over the valley. After I relaxed, I went for a walk alongside the river and then had some soba noodles in a small café beside the train station. It was cold and the noodles heated me up along with some tasty green tea. The sun was setting as I stepped onto the train for my journey home.

By the time I arrived home, I was tired and ready to relax in front of a good movie. I will definitely be bringing guests to Hatonosu Valley when they visit me, as I am sure they will not be disappointed. Maybe next summer I will paddle in the river and sun bathe on the rocks.