2016年9月23日金曜日

Trip to the Izu Penninsula (伊豆半島への旅)


This weekend was a 3-day weekend because of Respect for the Elders day, so I took a trip to the Izu Peninsula. It was fantastic! I took the Shinkansen down to Atami Station on Sunday afternoon and met up with my friend. We stayed in a traditional ryokan with tatami mat floors. It was very beautiful and we had a view of the ocean from our room. On Monday, we got up early and took the train down to Shimoda. We took a boat tour, and then took the cable car to the top of Mt. Nesugata. There was a beautiful garden and a shrine at the top, and amazing views of the city and the ocean. Then we went to the beach. It was cloudy because there was a typhoon about to come in, but the water was warm, so we swam and enjoyed it very much. We had the beach all to ourselves! It was a great trip. I was happy to find such a nice little paradise so close to Tokyo. I would love to go back in the summertime when it is nice and sunny!

-          Emma