2016年9月15日木曜日

Japanese food and amazing experiences (日本食と素晴らしい体験)


I have been living in Japan for just over a month and a half now and I am loving the Tokyo life! There are so many things to explore and try. The food is also very good! While some I know from home like sushi and ramen, there is a lot of cuisine I have never heard of while living in the states. Before moving here I had never tried udon or takoyaki, but now udon is my new favorite food. I love the soy broth with an egg and shrimp tempura!

 

In addition to trying a wide variety of Japanese food, I’ve also been going to events and exhibits around the city. My favorite was an art show called DMM Planets. The creators used light to make amazing displays that I couldn’t believe were real! In one room, you are standing in water up to your knees and there are koi fish and flowers being projected on the surface. It was like magic! There was also a room with a string of lights from the floor to the ceiling that lit up in time with music. I felt like I was in a storybook. Already Japan has proven to be full of fascinating events and good food, so I can’t wait to see what this year has in store!

 

~Marlene