2016年6月17日金曜日


Sarah’s Blog Post 31: June 17, 2016

 

Summer is here! Summer in Japan is very different from summer in California. Most days, the weather will be more than 30 degrees Celsius (85 degrees Fahrenheit). Many days will be around 37 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit), but it doesn’t feel as hot as it does in Japan because the weather in California is very dry. It doesn’t rain much at all during the summer in California. In fact, we are worried because there has been a drought for many years. Our lakes and rivers are losing so much water. Surprisingly, in desert places like Arizona, they have monsoon season. So for a month or so, there are very heavy rains on and off for many days.

 

Last weekend, I went to Nakano Broadway to an ice cream shop that I found online while searching for soft-serve ice cream. It was so good! I got an ice cream cone with eight different flavors, and it was about a foot tall! The only problem is that I had to eat it fast so it didn’t melt. The flavors were strawberry, vanilla, green apple, cassis, café au lait, chocolate, ramune, and matcha. My favorite flavor was the strawberry, but I also really liked the matcha and cassis.