2019年11月12日火曜日

秋到来 (ジーアン先生)


It’s already November, which means that autumn is here and winter is near. It also means that I had to buy many sweaters and cardigans because it’s really cold! I had never experienced this temperature before, so I was quite unprepared.

 

I was also excited to see the changing colors of autumn: yellow, orange, and red before the leaves fall. Recently, I joined a hiking trip to Mt. Takao. I saw many people there: small children, married couples, young men and women, and even the elderly! I also saw a woman carrying a baby on her back. I was so amazed at their determination and endurance.

 

It was hot while climbing the mountain, but when we got to the top, I felt cold! And there, I also saw trees with scarlet-colored leaves. It was such a beautiful sight. I imagine that it’s only going to be more beautiful as the weeks go by.

 

Several teachers have also told me that nearby Inokashira Park will be quite a sight to behold when the red and yellow leaves start falling.

 

Before November came, the country witnessed several Halloween parties. At Fujimura, we also had Halloween lessons, which was a great way to learn how different countries celebrated the event.

 

Now that Halloween is over, Japan is gearing up for the Christmas season. I’m very excited to celebrate the holidays in Tokyo, and I have already seen colorful lights and Christmas decorations outside shops and in malls.

 

Despite the cold, I’m looking forward to autumn and winter in Japan!