2019年5月30日木曜日

スポーツ大会(キャロル先生)


School Sports Day

 

Yesterday was the school sports day in Mitaka. It was a fun-filled day for all the students whereby they competed in a game of dodge-ball, mini basketball and rope jumping among others. Even the teachers competed in the relay race, which was a lot of fun to watch. I used to compete in athletics when I was in school, so it brought back a lot of fond memories for me. I competed in the Irish championships in the relay race and eighty-meter sprint. I would have competed in the egg and spoon race and the three-legged race with my schoolmates during the school sports day events. It was always a lot of fun and a good way to de-stress before the summer exams. It’s also a great way for the new students to bond with old students and to get to know each other better. The stadium was very close to my house, it was only a thirty-five minute walk from my apartment and it was lovely not to have to get any public transport. The weather was very humid however, so I was particularly sweaty by the time I reached the stadium. The stadium had a proper running track outside which looked very impressive. The weather was good apart from the few odd showers, but it was still quite warm so the rain was refreshing. It’s nice to be able to go to these events and see students outside of the usual school environment. I look forward to attending the next school event.