2017年9月29日金曜日

大久保での体験


Surprise! I accidentally found myself in a part of Koreatown this week when I went to visit Okubo. I kept walking past shops and I could hear K-pop songs from many bands I know which made me happy, but I was so confused at the time about why all the shops in this area were playing Korean music! It was a really cool place though because it had many different types of people and shops and food. There were many more foreigners there than in Kichijoji, and they were from all over the world, so it was so interesting to see such a huge range of people together in one place! I found an Indian shop which was really exciting because it had all the ingredients and food I am used to at home with my parents’ cooking. There were many Japanese people shopping there which was really great to see! I even bought a kebab for dinner at a little Turkish kebab stand where the man was wearing a red and gold fez (a type of hat) and a matching vest, kind of like what Aladdin wears! I was really glad to see all the different people and cultures Japan is opening up to and I hope it can continue to grow in the future.