2017年3月4日土曜日

卒業式---マーレン先生


It is almost the end of the school year here in Japan, which is a very different than what I am used to back in the United States. A typical American school year starts in September and ends in June. I think the Japanese school year actually makes a lot more sense for students. With three distinct trimesters, there are breaks more evenly spread throughout the year. As a student, I would think that is a better system. American students may get nearly three months off, but they typically have less breaks throughout the school year as a result.
  
              I was also very excited to see my students graduate. A few of my classes when I first started here were third year high schoolers and this was my first time as a teacher that I got to experience end of school graduation ceremonies with my own classes! It was so nice to cheer them on and see what a Japanese graduation ceremony looks like. I am very proud of my students!