2016年4月28日木曜日

Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, and more Burgers!


This past weekend, I went shopping in Odaiba with a friend and we had burgers for lunch. I realized that because there is always Japanese food available, when I meet up with friends they usually want to eat non-Japanese food. I love both Japanese food and foreign food so I am happy with either option. It’s surprising that I’ve had more western food than I expected. But this is Tokyo, so it is easier to find international food here compared to the countryside. I find it interesting that most of the burger restaurants I’ve been to here in Tokyo are considered Hawaiian food. However, hamburgers are more American and although people in Hawaii eat hamburgers, it’s no more or less than other people in Americans. Nonetheless, I enjoy living in a city where there are a lot of options for good international food.

 

- Yaya Campbell