2020年3月23日月曜日

2019年度の終わり (ジーアン先生)


The following months in Japan have been very eventful, with the rise of a global pandemic. Fortunately, it was the last term, and many classes were already over. Spring has already come, and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom!

 

There’s a sakura tree outside the staff room, and I get a good view of it every day. It’s so beautiful when it’s filled with large pinkish white flowers, and the fact that it lives for only a short while makes it more precious.

 

There are many beautiful parks in Japan, and I celebrated my birthday with friends at one in Bunkyo. Nearby Inokashira Park is another great place for sakura-viewing, and I’m lucky that it’s just a few minutes away from Fujimura.

 

I think it’s fitting that, in Japan, the cherry blossoms mark that short period between the end and beginning of a school year. The weather has been getting warmer, and the sun has been out more and more.

 

This school year has been exciting, challenging, and memorable. I’m looking forward to the next one!