2020年1月10日金曜日

東京で過ごした年末年始(ジーアン先生)


It’s the new year, and I’m excited to be back in school!

I spent my Christmas and New Year here in Tokyo, Japan, and it was my first time to celebrate the holidays away from my family, in another country. It was exciting, and I was able to visit many places in Tokyo.




With some friends, I went to visit some shrines in Asakusa, Bunkyo, Shibuya, and Akasaka. I also saw some amazing sights in Odaiba and Meguro. Although I was far from home, I wasn’t lonely because Tokyo kept me busy with all its lights, festivals, and attractions. It’s impossible not to love it!
 
The winter break also gave me time to appreciate Japanese traditions and cultures, especially when it came to visiting shrines. I tossed a few coins, clapped my hands, bowed, and rang the bell to offer my prayers and wishes. I also saw many booths selling drinks, food, fortunes, and souvenirs.


Although the weather was extremely cold, the warm atmosphere and presence of friendly company kept me warm.


My first winter holiday in Japan was truly memorable and exciting.