2019年1月11日金曜日

冬休み (キャロル先生)


Winter Break

This year I remained in Japan for winter break. It was a lovely change from being at home in Ireland. The weather was better than Ireland in winter, as there was hardly any rain. I visited a lot of places and got to spend some time with my Irish friends. In early January, I travelled to Fujikawaguchiko for three nights. On the first day, I went to see the ice caves and walked through Aokigahara forest which was so green and dense. The walk lead us to one of the lakes near Mt. Fuji where the view was amazing. On the second day, we took a boat ride around the lake and went on the cable car, which takes you high up where you can walk around and take photos of the magnificent Mount Fuji. It looked spectacular in the early afternoon sun. In the evening, I spent some time relaxing in the onsen back at the hotel. It was a holiday like no other and I will be sure to travel there again in the future. Overall, it was a very enjoyable winter break. There are so many places to visit in Japan and I hope I will have enough time to do everything I want to do.