2018年9月20日木曜日

高尾山 (キャロル先生)


This week I wanted to explore some nature outside of city life and so I decided to get the train to Takao. Takaosanguchi station is only a thirty-minute train ride from where I live so it’s very accessible on my days off. The weather was cool and fresh when I got there and the sun was shining so I decided to walk one of the smaller trails to where there is a viewing point that looks out over the whole of Tokyo. It took about one hour and a half there and back, with the climb filled with some tricky steep and slippery steps. Other hikers I encountered were sure to say “Konnichiwa!” to me as we passed each other along the way. It was amazing to see such a green, nature infused landscape so close to central Tokyo. After my trail, I enjoyed a hot matcha tea and some ice cream while admiring the old traditional style of the buildings and the nearby temple. It was lovely to see the small ornament and food stalls around the train station. The area had a relaxed atmosphere and I felt as though it would be the perfect escape come wintertime. It was a day spent well, out in the open and away from the hustle and bustle of city life.