2018年6月15日金曜日

新大久保


I went to Shin-Okubo Station on Monday, to visit Koreatown. I was really excited because I love Korean food and was looking forward to buying some presents for Camille before she left. We both like the same music and music is always something that brings people together so I was glad to have that in common and give her a goodbye present that she’d like. I ate dakgalbi which was very cheesy and very delicious and I also tried patbingsu, similar to Kakigōri, and I really loved it a lot! It’s a great summer dessert. I also got to try that really cheesy Arirang hot dog that is pretty popular in the area and that was a really interesting experience! The past few times I have been to Shin-Okubo, I’ve only gone to the Indian store so it was cool to see more of the area. Since there’s a lot of different kinds of people there, the fashion you see and the languages you hear in passing are also really interesting, I really like how different every area of Tokyo is; I think that’s why it’s very difficult to get bored if you live here!