2017年1月31日火曜日

日本の映画館 ~「沈黙-サイレンス」を観て  ---マーレン先生


This past weekend I went to a Japanese movie theater. I was very surprised! In the United States, you cannot choose your own seats. It was so nice to have assigned seats and not have to wait in line or run to grab enough for everyone. I was also very surprised at the amount of concessions that were available. I did think movie theaters served chicken, hot dogs, French fries, and more than one type of popcorn! Normally, American theaters only offer butter and salt, not caramel, sweet corn, or bbq. It was very interesting to see.

 

The movie we saw was a historical fiction film about part of the edo era called “Silence.” It was really interesting. While I did not understand all of it (some of the Japanese lacked subtitles) it really made me more interested in learning about that time in Japanese history. My friends and I all went to a café afterwards and talked about the movie, Japan, and life. It was a very nice experience!