2016年11月18日金曜日

日本でのハロウィーンーーーエマ先生


A few weeks ago, I celebrated my first Halloween in Japan. I know that Halloween has only become popular in Japan in recent years, so I was quite surprised by what a big deal it was. So many stores and restaurants had Halloween decorations – more than in America! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so I was very excited to celebrate and share my experiences with my students. The week before the holiday, Jared and I taught special Halloween lessons in all of our classes. I gave presentations on Halloween in the United States, we played games, and students learned special vocabulary words about scary things. In American schools, all of the students and teachers dress up on Halloween. Wearing a costume is my favorite part about the holiday, so I dressed up for my classes on Halloween. In International Club, we had a Halloween Party. It was so much fun! We made our own decorations and decorated the classroom. We watched American Halloween movies and listened to Halloween songs – for example “This is Halloween” and “The Monster Mash.” We played games, and I talked with my students about my favorite parts of celebrating Halloween in America. I wore my costume, and brought hats and masks for the students to wear. All of the girls were very excited and took lots of pictures. It was a great Halloween, and I enjoyed it very much!