2016年5月6日金曜日

Golden Week


Sarah’s Blog Post 26: May 6, 2016

 
This week we had vacation for Golden Week. In International Club, we asked what everyone was planning to do for Golden Week. Then the students asked us what we call Golden Week in America. I was confused because Golden Week is made up of two English words. So I told them that we call it Golden Week, but we don’t celebrate it. We don’t have a break from school the first week of May. The closest we have is Spring Break. Our Spring Break occurs between our second and third terms of school. That is when we get time away from class. Spring Break is very fun and important to college students.

 
I think this year’s Golden Week was strange because we had to come to school on Monday, so it was impossible to go far away for a vacation. It is very crowded and expensive to travel, so I didn’t go anywhere. Instead, my friends visited me from Tochigi. They enjoyed seeing Tokyo because it is so different. I hope everyone had a fun holiday.