2015年12月11日金曜日

冬休み


Sarah’s Blog Post 14: December 11, 2015

 

This winter break, I am going all the way back home for the holidays. I am sad that I will not be able to get a special KFC holiday meal. In the United States we usually eat ham, turkey, or a roast for Christmas dinner, so the KFC holiday meal is unique to Japan.

 

I have been shopping for Christmas gifts and it is very difficult. California has a lot of Japanese influence just like Tokyo has a lot of American influence. Finding presents can be hard because my friends and family have already tasted things like manjuu, mochi, and senbei. One thing that we don’t have much in the United States is yuzu. It is getting popular in big cities, but it is still very difficult to find. I love yuzu, so I want to bring yuzu flavored things back to my family.